Yoga Warriors International Teacher Training
May 26-27, 2018
9am - 5pm
Yoga Warriors International teacher training is designed to provide advanced knowledge and practical tools for yoga teachers and others working with combat veterans diagnosed with Combat and Operational Stress Reaction (COSR) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The Yoga Warriors method skillfully integrates concepts from yoga therapy, traditional yoga philosophy, and psychology, with current scientific knowledge of the body and mind to promote health and well-being.
* PTSD and COSR-definitions, causes, and symptoms
* Assists and modification of skills
* General principles of the Yoga Warriors method
* Hatha yoga postures and sequencing strategies specific to PTSD or COSR
* Effective pranayama techniques (breathing exercises) to reduce hyperarousal
* Positive affirmations for healing in the yoga practice
* Basic treatment principles to maximize healing
* Restorative yoga in a therapeutic setting
* Trauma-sensitive yoga, observational skills, and the unique challenges of this population
* Ethical guidelines to practice
Open to certified yoga teachers, therapists, and others who facilitate healing to those with PTSD or Combat Stress Disorder.
16-Hour Certification/CEUs for certified yoga teachers. Those who are not certified yoga teachers are invited to attend and will receive a “certificate of attendance” which may be applied towards yoga certification if you decide to go through a 200 hr program and become registered with the National Yoga Alliance within 2 years.
This program is also approved by the National Association of Social Workers for 16 CEU hours (Approval #886630123-1975)
Cancellation Policy: $75 cancellation fee; non-refundable within 7 days prior to training.
For further information on Yoga Warriors, please visit www.yogawarriors.com.
PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED at: Yoga Garden